Monday, November 20, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

   Well everyone, how are you doing. I am at Whole Foods right now and hopefully Amazon and Whole Foods have taken over everyone's lives and my life so much that they have a savings fund for me and have already ordered some Christmas presents that I will find at my apartment when I get home.  I am hoping for some Hot Wheels cars and some orange Hot Wheels tracks to make wall shelves out of.
    Anyway today I got a TB test so I can participate in a job program.  The job program is for people with autism.  I recently got marked down for autism on a psych evaluation and I am thankful because not everyone gets their diagnosis.  And girls with autism rarely are diagnosed.  And people say that it is because it affects girls in a way that is just less bothersome but I am not sure that is the case. I think all these terrible cases of anorexia and cutting and mental illness may be either manifestations of autism or the resulting breakdown from not happily fitting in society and it is a sad, sad thing.  And even for me, people might say that I don't need a diagnosis because it is so mild compared to my other mental illness but my other mental illness is probably very much because of the autism and my mental illness is really very tragic.  It really is, even though I am happy to be mentally ill because I think mental illness is cool.
   But anyway, this weekend I participated in a fundraising walk to help people with developmental disabilities and they gave us pizza and free sandwiches.  I think they were mad at me because I did not do that great at volunteering.   But I did try my best and I think that ultimately we all have to ask ourselves, okay, does maybe sarah's best not be that great?  You know and we have to say okay, does maybe for Sarah, when asked to do a certain work task, for her that means eating a sandwich? I think that is really the direction that treatment and accommodation needs to go in for me. 
    But anyway, I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.  I am going to volunteer at a hospital for Thanksgiving and I am very excited about it even though you are not supposed to be excited at a hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment