Friday, November 11, 2016

A post from the election


Well everyone today is Wednesday and yesterday was the election.  I normally vote libertarian but this time I voted with the PTSD party and voted against all the old white men.  I voted mostly for Latino and women candidates, and hopefully one African American, though it is not always possible to tell who is who on the ballot.  I am used to already knowing that my vote was not going to be for the winning candidate, so this election was different, and it did traumatize me a little bit.  But I am okay and I do still have hope even about insurance problems and immigration, and I am proud of the way evangelicals stood up to the media who thought they could put Trump in everyone's face for a year and use him to call us racist.  Now they have chosen the president, and we will see whether he is Hitler or not.  I do not think most of those people who turned the map red are as bad as people wanted to shame them into seeming, and I think their goodness will somehow prevail, especially if it can still be combined with the goodness of everyone who did not want a candidate endorsed by the KKK.

No comments:

Post a Comment