Sunday, September 4, 2016

Introduction

          Hi everyone I am treating this blog like a journal and might post some art and poems and other ideas on another blog. Should I do an introductory post or should I just start a journal entry?  I think I will say some stuff about myself. 
            I just moved to New York City three years ago after working in a bookstore for twelve years.  About 30,000 people were mean to me at that bookstore, and I couldn't take it anymore, so I quit and came to NYC for social work school.  It seems crazy to try to do a social job after breaking down so much from painful social interaction, but I felt like the degree would help me as a writer and would help me help other people who have suffered in ways that I have.  I do think it was a good idea, and most of all, it was my ticket to New York City, where I can ride the subway and not drive a car anymore. I do not drive anymore because I feel too mad and also have some odd little space outs that I think could get worse.
            With my insurance from social work school, I got some of the best medical care ever, including a video EEG, an MRI, weekly group therapy for over a year, and the best individual art therapy anyone ever had. My mental health diagnosis has been straightened out some, and hopefully most of my problems are due to just a common case of Aspergers and Schizoaffective Disorder.  I think it could be much worse, and when I say that, I mean both that I am thankful for things that are okay and I also mean that it might actually be worse and there might be an additional neurological condition that is causing memory and mood problems.
          Anyway I am thankful to still be alive, because really I have had a rough time for a while, but I finished school and just published a whole bunch of e-books full of all my writing from the past ten or fifteen years.  I think things turned out pretty good, and I am still writing new stuff and will keep going as long as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment