Sunday, April 2, 2017

Not enough baskets for the ducks and chickens

Well everyone, I was hoping that the NCAA championship would be Oregon vs. South Carolina, but both teams lost, so that leaves me to wrestle with existential questions about what is truly meaningful in the world.  And I have concluded that a lot of things in life still matter a lot, but that my favorite basketball teams did not win this time.  And I think one of the reasons people can't go back in time is because people would not know whether to go back in time and win a basketball game or go back in time and attend a different school so your team would be the winning team 20 years later.  And if you did go back in time and attend a different school, wouldn't that really still make you a true fan of your old school because that's how disappointed you were that your team lost? Another question I am wrestling with is what if you scored the final four points in the final four seconds of a final four game. Well my teams do not know the answer to that and that is why we lost. I guess what I am saying is that I wish I had gone to Gonzaga University for college. They might have had a philosophy course that would have helped me understand all this.


No comments:

Post a Comment