Friday, September 22, 2017

Not a Game

   Well everyone, today is September 22. I just got back from a trip to SC.  It was really fun and I got to stay in a hotel, which I almost never get to do. I went to my old college for a reunion of all the mascots from over the years.  But of course not all the mascots could be there, and I missed the final field ceremony which would have been great.  I went to the game but got delayed and went in the wrong gate and could not tolerate the crowd, and I felt like the conspiracy was torturing me and I left while I still could without getting trapped where a cab could not reach me.  Later I thought maybe I should have tried harder to stay but I just couldn't. So sometimes I have a sad feeling, but mostly I am glad I went. It brought back a lot of memories of mascot days, but it also made me feel a little traumatized. I could barely watch the new mascots entertain everyone.
   Now I am back home with my wonderful pet guinea pigs who are all three together in the same cage and getting along great.  So everything is great except for all the headlines that suggest we are on the brink of nuclear war with countries that we could have bombed with regular bombs at any time in the last twenty years.  And people are also about to take away health care and try that same pre-existing condition scam that was also a problem for twenty years and should never have been tolerated.
   So I am thinking about heaven sometimes and how things will be different and I will mostly be playing cards in the basement of some stone building in a green valley with a lot of slushie delivery services nearby.  Fred, Roger, and Dave, who are my guinea pigs, will no longer need a cage and will probably also be playing cards with me and my friends, and we will all have a little stash of gold coins and other interesting valuables on the table.  And I will get dealt five jokers and win a golden pocket watch that projects a portal to any one of the billions of USC games being played throughout eternity.


No comments:

Post a Comment