Saturday, February 24, 2018

Introduction to Pest Control


Well hi everyone, today is Saturday.  It is a nice rainy day and I have a couple of days where I am not volunteering.  But what I am doing is getting my apartment ready for a pest control treatment and it is not easy.  I signed a contract agreeing to clear out cabinets and do other specific preparations, and I feel like my apartment is so inherently messy that they will postpone the treatment no matter what.  But I just had this little idea of turning my couch on its side like so it is a tall tower kind of and clearing out the mess underneath it and vacuuming.  I think that the couch sitting on its side when pest control gets here will make it seem like the whole apartment is all upturned and ready for mice traps and bug spray to be administered.  Don't y'all think that is a good idea?  Like okay I do my best to get everything ready and then focus my main attention on simply putting the couch on its side.  It is a small couch.  But I am scared that when I do that a whole bunch of mice will scamper out like in that movie "Ratatouille" when the ceiling falls down and there are so many mice.  That really could be the kind of situation that I am dealing with. But wouldn't it be best for me to know that ahead of time? Well maybe, but it might be a special memory for the pest control guy if I wait and upturn the couch when he is here, watch a hundred mice scamper out, and then say, "These mice are like family to me."

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness! This is hilarious, and the punchline is pure gold.

    ReplyDelete