Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Quarantine Activities

  Well hi everyone, I hope you all are doing okay. Some people are not doing okay right now, and it is good to keep them all in our thoughts and prayers.  I personally got discouraged yesterday after not succeeding at a boiled custard recipe, so I can only guess how exhausted grocery store workers feel and people who are sick right now and need medical care.
    I have some masks finally and think I will soon volunteer again at a food place starting next Wednesday. I think that is definitely all I can offer, and I am determined to not chicken out and refuse to do my part in helping people have groceries.
     I am okay on groceries myself and might be able to wait until next Monday to go to the grocery store. Has anyone gotten a check yet from the government? It is hard to tell how the timing is working out on that.  But for me it helps to know the cash is on the way. With this kind of delay, the schedule probably could have been staggered instead and used to prevent a rush on stores and a new wave of hospitalizations.  But I guess we don’t know what will happen. It is great to see signs of the hospitalizations flattening out, and all the work people did to make that happen is a great thing to be thankful for.
    I am working on a poetry book and almost posted it on Easter. But I decided to wait and keep adding to it while I am quarantined.  Should I call myself quarantined when I am not sick?  I do not know if avoiding the illness itself is the same thing as preventing contagion personally. Maybe it is with this illness because of how people can supposedly have it and not know it.
     Anyway, here is a picture of my book cover. It will soon be posted with my other books on smashwords, including my recent short novel called Pizza Novel, which is a kids book about imaginary mice, leaks in the abyss, and cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment