Saturday, September 11, 2021

Sept 11- Try to forget


photo credit- Jessica Early


Well everyone, today is Sept 11. I posted a new book but don’t know if I should have named one of the characters Dr Havarti instead of Dr Halverson which is a person’s real name. Pretty funny but I hope no one is mad or hurt at me. A cheese name could be good because it is a food pantry novel. Anyway today is a holiday for a lot of people. I was in the middle of a severe depression on sept 11 and thought the terrorist attack was my fault even though I lived in Greenville SC. A pastor at my church described the sense of duty when firefighters watched one tower collapse and then marched immediately into the other tower anyway to climb the stairs and save lives. It was very moving and helped me keep going to work at my bookstore job even though I had social anxiety and sometimes did not want to walk in the door. It helped me a lot. When our country splits up I will probably try to be in whatever location has the Sept 11 people.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment