Wednesday, December 27, 2017

The ghost of Christmas present

   Well hi everyone, did y'all have a good Christmas?  I had a pretty good Christmas even though I did not send as many gifts to people this year.  And I volunteered on Christmas Eve but did not have a good attitude because we had to wash some of the same dishes several times because some people did not do the best they could.  But it was probably their way of telling Santa to give their presents to someone else.
   Anyway I still have some presents to send to my nieces and just had second thoughts about what I did for them, which was essentially give them each a small suitcase full of one dollar bills, gold one dollar coins, and other mafia reminiscent items like dice and poker chips. It was a fun present, especially since me and my sister grew up watching TV together and have an appreciation for suitcases full of money. But I took apart some cheap metal art cases to do it, and had one for myself which I disassembled today and saw how cool the cases that I took apart were.  I mean they were cool art sets, and when I was in town visiting the nieces, I asked them what else they wanted for Christmas, and they said art supplies.  So I just had a little section of time where I was questioning my choices, but I think that I did okay and I will send them some art kits soon and send the supplies that I took out of the other art kits.

   But anyway, I have discovered in adulthood that one of the great things that you can do is cash out some of your money in one dollar bills and use it to feel rich in different tricky ways.  You can do this by carrying a thick wad of money everywhere you go, hiding ones and fives in all your clothes so you are always finding money, or my new favorite, assembling a suitcase full of money as part of your savings plan.  It really is just like the TV shows, and even though at Christmas, everyone has just been reminded about how uncool Scrooge is, counting stacks of gold coins is actually almost as satisfying as counting more stacks of gold coins.

No comments:

Post a Comment