Monday, February 21, 2022

See you at the poles

   Well everyone, I hope you are having a good Monday and aren’t having a bad case of the Monday blues or a Russian invasion of your country. I myself was extra careful to not accidentally hum the wrong national anthem when I walked to the grocery store today.  That is my topic for this blog post which is actually just a random opinion and not about the war that is probably about to happen on a terrifying horrific scale.  

    Anyway my opinion I want to share is that I think our country chose the wrong national anthem and it should have been the “my country tis of thee” song, and that the star spangled better works better as a poem.   When you quote the poem to yourself, it is really kind of powerful.  “Oh say does that star spangled banner ever yet wave…”. That is powerful.  But in song form it kind of has the tune of a screeching cat.  People freaked out that time that Rosanne Barr butchered the song on purpose as a joke, but the song is already “butchered.” Like it is really a poem and not that good of a song.  Did God allow it so we would look stupid all these years at baseball games?  I don’t know. Possibly. I am not suggesting that it be changed, but I am sharing this artistic opinion that I believe I am right about. There is a truth to what is good art, what is good speech, what is true and right.  And when people decide what everyone will go along with, maybe it works out fine, but maybe eventually people see things for what it is.  This genuinely isn’t a post about the war or our country’s problem politics, or the fact that I might not be able to watch the news during this time because of racism. This post is not in disguise or implying certain agendas that the in-crowd will nod along with. It is just an effort to do a normal blog post like my old posts before this blog was ruined by people hurting me. 

   Anyway, back to the star spangled banner song.  Is it an indication that there is supposed to be a place for poetry more in our society? Like maybe that there should be an anthem and a poem? This isn’t that important but I do say it because I believe I am right and the truth of it is really something to think about and learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment