Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Extra New Years Post

     Well everyone, I am doing three New Year’s Eve posts on this blog, because the next one could seem controversial to some people, and I want to either start or end on a good note.  Do you guys have any New Year’s resolutions?  I like thinking of resolutions each year.  I think it is because I am really ambitious and feel motivated to achieve things.  One year when I was working at Barnes and Noble, my New Year’s resolution was to give people higher high fives, you know, like when you are giving someone five and you can do a high five instead of a low five or a medium five?  Well that year, they hired a really tall person named Jeff, who gave really high fives, and I almost had to jump sometimes to do a high five if something interesting happened at work.  I think that also probably has helped my New Year’s resolution stats.
     This year, I will repeat the same resolution as the last few years, which is to try not to curse at people. I actually have been doing really well and recovering a lot from the trauma symptoms that made me more provokable. As you will read in my next post, there is no shortage of people trying to bother me.  But I am feeling a lot more like my old patient self, and soon I might be in no danger at all of saying any of the slurs people try to get me to say.
   Anyway, I think I will try to have some other goals and resolutions, like taking the MSW licensing test, successfully sharing blog posts and book links on Facebook, participating in group mental health treatment somewhere, and trying to clean my apartment a little bit.  Also, I think I will go to the YMCA and try to lose ten pounds. I mean why not. That is not a boring goal, and a lot of times, you end up eating yummier food on a diet anyway.  For me, that is what always happens, and then I get excited and start eating pancakes all the time. Then, the diet is over.  Well have a great New Years everyone and please send me some cash sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment