Monday, December 9, 2019

something very sad


    The puppeteer who was Big Bird died this week, and I am so sad. I have thought about it a lot and felt confused sometimes about whether Big Bird died or a person died, and I have been imagining Big Bird in heaven when really Big Bird is probably still a muppet on earth.
    Anyway I wanted to post this photo of Big Bird a long time ago and say that I think the design of Big Bird got messed up, and his head is way too fluffy now.  I think it compromises the cuteness which is a real thing that can be achieved in drawings and art. It is not good to go around criticizing things, but I am going to say it because I think it is very sad and I almost can’t even stand it when I see the more current images online.
    I used to read about Sesame Street and the muppets a lot, and I think that early on, the creators of Sesame Street changed the design of Big Bird because they thought his head was too small and it made him look stupid. But I think it would have been good to take that risk, and kids could see that any amount of intelligence can be lovable.


No comments:

Post a Comment